Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst (SQL) for a full time opportunity in St. Paul Minnesota.
Will be working on a large BI project. SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS is required.
Develop, maintain and test applications in the iSeries environment. Ensure smooth business continuity while developing and testing new technologies to assist the company to take advantage of technology improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
– Analyze client/server and PC based software solutions compatibility with company requirements. This may include PC based applications that interact with an Iseries environment.
– Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
– Refine data and format final product.
– Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Document changes.
– Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
– Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
– Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
– Analyze and implement enhancements and upgrades to ISeries operating system and ISeries software solutions based on capabilities that enhance company operations.
– Perform other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 7 yrs. experience, including 5 years of experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an on-line environment
– Experience VB, .net, MS SQL, SQL SSIS, SQL Analysis Services
– Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments
– Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
– Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
– Solid project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
– Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
– Ability & willingness to learn new technologies
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced, high energy team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org