Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator that can manage a Microsoft Exchange email system. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
This position is a member of the Enterprise Server Team and shares in the responsibilities to ensure company servers are secure and available. This will be accomplished through proactive administration of Active Directory, email/messaging technologies, effectively managing the system backup process, and participating in the disaster recovery efforts. This position will work as a part of the team to deliver highly available systems that balance security with business needs. This position will need to stay knowledgeable about current Microsoft based server technologies; and stay abreast of industry best practices in security techniques and methodologies. They will provide guidance and consultation for server related questions, and will primarily administer Microsoft Exchange, Lync and email archiving using Symantec Enterprise Vault. This position will play an important role in the consolidation and migration into a global email instance and subsequent global support model. Participation in the off-hours support services rotation (25%) is required as is occasional travel (<20%).
- Background in Microsoft Exchange administration in a medium or large enterprise including email solution design, Exchange server builds and deployment, backups, restores, maintenance, troubleshooting and Powershell scripting
- In-depth technical knowledge of IT Operations and environmental security and hardening
- Server support experience including RAID disk storage systems, backup technologies, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012, Windows Terminal Server, Citrix, Active Directory 2003 and 2008
- High degree of personal drive and self-motivation, strong follow through, excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and electronic)
- Stay knowledgeable of best practices on installed products and integrate into environment as appropriate
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Ability to work in and make positive contributions to a result focused, team oriented environment
- Minimum of 5 years Windows server administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience Administering Exchange Online
- Experience Administering Microsoft Lync
- Experience with email archiving technologies
- Experience with SAN technologies and virtualized servers utilizing VMware vSphere and Virtual Center implementations; and virtualized DRP solutions.
- Experience with Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager 2007, HP Server and Blade Technologies, Cisco routers and switches.
- Strong background in Active Directory with experience in design, domain migrations, trusts, group policy and additional administration in a multiple domain environment
- Experience with supporting and enforcing data retention policies within email
- Experience with the integration of systems acquired via acquisition
- Ability to lead projects or other small teams
· Capable of supporting multiple problems/tasks simultaneously
· Values a structured environment, follows established standards and processes including change control and system documentation.
· Strong work ethic, dependable with attention to detail and follow through to completion.
· Composed and professional under pressure, can defuse tense situations and positively influence others.
· Familiarity with IT audits, server hardening and security best practices.
· Well versed in various technical areas such as networking, packet sniffing, system and application architecture, optimizing and troubleshooting
· Positive outlook, team-player, forward thinking attitude able to comprehend the big picture.
· Ability to envision and deliver scalable technical solutions
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent, MCSE preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com