Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (Level 3) for contract to hire opportunity.
Arlington, VA (required to work onsite)
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
(No H1Bs or 1099s)
US Citizen required
Security Requirements: DHS HQ EOD (Public Trust) – Must obtain prior to starting
Systems Engineer – Level III
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
|Education & Experience Levels|
|Level||Knowledge/Skill Description||Minimum Education||and/or||Minimum Experience|
|III||Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.||Master’s Degree or higher||and/or||>15 years|
Responsibilities/Qualifications (In addition to the requirements of the labor category above):
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Application Support Team with maintaining the operations of the application tier in production and non-production environments. Other specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with stakeholders and developers to identify causes of system/code issues
- Deploying code and maintaining baseline across many environments
- Working with security team on an on-going basis to ensure COTS tools comply with DHS security standards
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
- Master’s degree or higher and/or 15 years of related experience
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware administration, managing multiple application domains and setting and configuring multiple authenticators
- Experience with TIBCO Business Works (BW) and Enterprise Message Service (EMS) administration, managing multiple domains, and configuring BW trace parameters for debugging
- Configuration management experience using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Working knowledge with Git/GitHub
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- MS in computer engineering, computer science, or information systems field of study and 12+ yrs of directly relevant experience
- Experience developing SQL scripts
- Experience developing Jython scripting
- Experience with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager, setting up and configuring VIPs and server pools, and developing and configuring iRules
- Working knowledge with PKI, and renewing and implementing security certificates
- Experience with Postfix and email server administration.
- Certification in any of the following:
- ITIL Foundation.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Oracle WebLogic Server
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org