Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Technical Product Owner for a long term project.
**** Looking for someone with service development / architecture
– Will look at candidates that have Systems Analyst background with excellent communication skills
– Should have experience hands on experience within the past 5-7 years (could be Java, Spring, etc)
– Contract Position at this time
– Position will sit Onsite in STL
– Interview Process: Phone and F2F
– Communication skills
– Backlog management and prioritization
– Software development background in webservices / cloud
– 10 years of experience (will look at strong candidates with less than 10 years, should be stellar)
– Experience managing the backlogs
– Good understanding of the distributed architecture
– Background in service development.
– Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities to deliver desired business impact
Guide articulation of work items as Epics and User Stories in product backlogs using the Atlassian’s JIRA work management tool, including clear, comprehensive, and “testable” acceptance criteria Work with disparate business groups to optimize business and financial case for new feature enhancements, providing a clear assessment of any work item’s business or customer value Lead the prioritization of outstanding product backlog work in negotiation with business stakeholders.
– Create, elaborate, decompose, and communicate new feature requests from which can be derived cohesive, iterative delivery plans that align to longer range vision executed over multiple releases.
– Maintain and effectively govern Definitions of Ready & Done to be applied in onboarding and delivery of new user stories; maintain groomed backlog with a focus on business stakeholder and strategic technology product priorities to ensure the product team always has ready work to act on and is never idle waiting for something to do.
– Work with other TPOs to proactively resolve inter-product dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams.
– Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle, tooling, and previous experience.
– Drive product health and value through prioritization of sufficient monitoring and instrumentation in place to validate business outcomes and tech product health
– Drive ever improving delivery throughput of the teams through prioritization of Continuous Integration and DevOps practices and tooling with integrated, robust testing automation to build efficient, effective pipelines from development to production (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, CloudBees, Puppet, Chef, Cucumber, XL Release, etc.)
– Focus on reducing tech debt when value can be measured in efficiency and quality metrics.
– Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
– 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
– Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
– Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential.
– Though not a development position, some previous software coding experience is required, preferably with the following areas:
Cloud (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
– Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
– Relationship building and management skills are critical
– Experience with long range roadmap planning and advancing strategic change
– High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
– Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering, and business customers.
– Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework.
IT Business Solutions Architect –
Lead translates the view of the users’ vision for what the system needs to be and do, and the paths along which it must be able to evolve, and strives to maintain the integrity of that vision as it evolves during detailed design and implementation. IT Business Solutions Architect – Lead works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. IT Business Solutions Architect – Lead analyzes complex business problems and identifies related opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals and overall business strategies. IT Business Solutions Architect – Lead manages the development of conceptual design defining the essential core features and elements (underlying processes, people and
tools) that provide the framework for all that follows. IT Business Solutions Architect – Lead contributes as a top level process expert in capability definition, process design and application architecture. Level
Expectations: Possess an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role Manage efforts affecting large-scale, highly complex, cross-functional/platform environments Typically spends majority of time providing direction across large teams at all levels but capable of solid individual performance when required Share knowledge, coaches, and mentors others in area of expertise Ability to perform functions at all levels of a process Will serve as technical lead in area of expertise Will have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others Possess excellent communication and relationship skills. Comfort ability with interfacing with director level management for technical briefings, status reports, etc. Essential Functions: Perform analysis of complex business issues; provide recommendations for possible solutions and related opportunities Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system, cross-platform changes or issues, may aid in determining feasibility of future anticipated business impact Lead efforts to assess feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with all corporate platforms/systems and related capabilities Prepare TCO and ROI analysis on large projects Work with Business users and IT project teams to drive decision making and the negotiation of project scope Creation of the solution/scope definition, capability/process modeling, program design, and documentation outlining high level requirements and conceptual design solutions for business problems and opportunities to improve application reliability and performance. Oversee the development and maintenance of business requirements which guide application development efforts, ensuring that business needs are being met Assist in the selection, implementation and optimal use of purchased tools and / or defined methodologies to increase testing capability and throughput Work with IT and Business partners to build support processes and procedures, provide ongoing support to manage application SLAs, resolve a majority of the problems and fulfill service requests that do not require application development Perform analysis of compliance vulnerabilities; work with IT and Business teams to eliminate vulnerabilities, support internal and external audit related activities Work with functional architects to determine application roadmaps, architecture strategy and to define and implement application architecture Independently provide specifications and details physical designs for applications programs and solutions to complex requirements and multi-platform integration needs Create, maintain, and help assure adherence to coding and unit testing best practices and standards. Communicate project status and escalates issues as needed Will have quality assurance review responsibilities
Qualifications: 5+ years experience as proven systems thinker who understands broad impacts and can make and implement recommendations on solutions and mitigate risk Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional design effort for complex system integration initiatives Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate large cross functional meetings Demonstrated ability to deliver balanced presentation of ideas and information to large audiences Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and to provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal Demonstrated strategic leadership of Business and IT Capabilities Demonstrated ability to promote consensus between stakeholders on a high level view of the project and then drill down into the details to obtain the requirements Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues and influence decisions of team Proven ability to analyze and develop business scenarios and use cases Ability to adapt in a dynamic fast-paced work environment handling multiple priorities Has worked in a matrixed organization, or large team collaboration experience Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines Strong customer service focus Familiarity with health care of PBM industry very helpful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org