Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Unix Systems Engineer.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting simple to moderately complex components of the systems infrastructure. This position evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests. The Systems Engineer also provides issue and problem resolution for simple to moderately complex issues and assists with performing disaster recovery exercises.
Job Distinctions: (Professional Base)
- Developing professional expertise.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Uses basic knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve simple to moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Focus is on operational and tactical activities.
- Participates on project teams.
- Works on small to large, moderately complex assignments.
- Prepares and delivers informal presentations to own team.
- Escalates complex issues, as needed; follows established escalation procedures.
- Upholds the standards, processes, and procedures.
- Establishes and fosters one-on-one relationships within the department.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Implements, maintains, and supports simple to moderately complex components of the systems infrastructure.
- Monitors daily performance and utilization of service infrastructure.
- Performs root cause analysis of infrastructure problems; identifies solutions and makes recommendations; assists with taking appropriate remedial steps towards solution.
- Provides issue and problem resolution for simple to moderately complex issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists with performing disaster recovery exercises.
- Provides troubleshooting for system component performance issues.
- Maintains established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
4+ years in the following areas (prioritized):
- AIX Systems Administration
- Advanced Perl Scripting
- Advanced KSH Scripting
- Red Hat Linux Systems Administration
- BASH Shell Scripting
- CSH Shell Scripting
- Network Monitoring Tools (Tivoli, NetCool)
- IBM and/or X86 Virtualization
- MS SCOM
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com