Please read the qualifications before you apply. This position is an Infrastructure position and must be able to support hardware and core software as well as function as a web administrator by doing product releases and support.
This is an IT Infrastructure role but this person serves as the subject matter expert for the development staff including the web development team related to the architecture and topology of the custom written application for the company, including the customer facing web sites. The person that fills this role will build all server environments which include application servers, SQL servers, SSRS servers, cache servers and web servers utilizing VMware (ESX), Windows OS, Firewall technology, SQL, SSRS and IIS. This person will also provide guidance to Development as to best practices, administration of the Windows, Web and TFS Servers, upgrade and release support and day-to-day support of the production, development, QA and staging environments.
They will work with other Infrastructure team members, developers and management as required to meet project requirements, adhere to standards and performance criteria and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and support servers in a VMware environment. Support is including, but not limited to software and hardware support for the servers, connectivity and SQL issues.
- Execute change requests and troubleshoot systems incidents to provide maximum customer uptime and time to repair.
- Work with the web development team to push code to staging and ultimately production servers and work with them on best practices for web server configuration.
- Identify, resolve and document issues with the release (could be code, SQL or configuration related)
- Work with development to investigate website issues, identify their source, and determine best possible solutions.
- Configure web servers as required from the web development team. These changes will need to be tested and confirmed as best practices.
- Monitor system(s) performance and capacity
- Implement operating system patches and upgrades as necessary; participating in the patch and change control review process.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures and policies to ensure consistent support of customer environments.
- Analyze development project proposals to include identifying potential problem areas and recommend optimum approaches for project path
- Partners with internal customers to determine requirements and identifies opportunities for improving/resolving issues
- Actively participates in sprint meetings with the development group.
- Can work with outside consultants on projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expert at building, maintaining and troubleshooting:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or 2008
- VMWare (ESX)
- SQL ( 2003 or 2008)
- Must have firewall/connectivity knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills, plus strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple critical issues
- Ability to adapt to change
- High level of accuracy
- Motivation to research and resolve technical issues regardless of area of expertise.
- Communicates with team members and business owners with professionalism and in a way to foster teamwork
- Ability to be on call and work some nights and weekends as needed for deployments
- Knowledge of load balance technology.
- Knowledge of application programming, database and system design
- Knowledge of structured analysis and technical design techniques
- Knowledge of database management and file access methods.
- Knowledge of SQL databases in a clustered environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft development technologies (.NET, Silverlight, etc.)
- Experience deploying and supporting software in a SaaS environment
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Conceive and deliver innovative, robust solutions within agreed delivery timelines
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, work around their early glitches, and use them to create excellent customer experiences and winning business advantage
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and business owners mindsets
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers in a professional and concise manner.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Successful completion of background and drug test is required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com