Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Web Application Administrator
for a permanent opportunity.
This is an IT Infrastructure role but this person serves as the subject
matter expert for the development staff including the web development
team related to the architecture and topology of the custom written
application including the customer facing web sites. The person that
fills this role will build all server environments which include application
servers, SQL servers, SSRS servers, cache servers and web servers utilizing
VMware (ESX), Windows OS, Firewall technology, SQL, SSRS and IIS. This
person will also provide guidance to Development as to best practices,
administration of the Windows, Web and TFS Servers, upgrade and release
support and day-to-day support of the production, development, QA and
They will work with other Infrastructure team members, developers and
management as required to meet project requirements, adhere to standards
and performance criteria and meet deadlines.
· Build and support servers in a VMware environment. Support is
including, but not limited to software and hardware support for the
servers, connectivity and SQL issues.
· Execute change requests and troubleshoot systems incidents to
provide maximum customer uptime and time to repair.
· Work with the web development team to push code to staging and
ultimately production servers and work with them on best practices
for web server configuration.
· Identify, resolve and document issues with the release (could be code,
SQL or configuration related)
· Work with development to investigate website issues, identify their
source, and determine best possible solutions.
· Configure web servers as required from the web development team.
· These changes will need to be tested and confirmed as best practices.
· Monitor system(s) performance and capacity
· Implement operating system patches and upgrades as necessary;
participating in the patch and change control review process.
· Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a
· Create or update documentation including network diagrams,
procedures and policies to ensure consistent support of customer
· Analyze development project proposals to include identifying potential
problem areas and recommend optimum approaches for project path
· Partners with internal customers to determine requirements and identifies
opportunities for improving/resolving issues
· Actively participates in sprint meetings with the development group.
· Can work with outside consultants on projects.
· Expert at building, maintaining and troubleshooting:
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or 2008
· VMWare (ESX)
· SQL ( 2003 or 2008)
· Must have firewall/connectivity knowledge
· Excellent problem solving skills, plus strong verbal and written
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to multitask and juggle multiple critical issues
· Ability to adapt to change
· High level of accuracy
· Motivation to research and resolve technical issues regardless of
area of expertise.
· Communicates with team members and business owners with
professionalism and in a way to foster teamwork
· Ability to be on call and work some nights and weekends as
needed for deployments
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com