SERVER ENGINEER – POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs necessary repairs on system hardware and/or software applications and operating systems.
- The Systems Engineer/Project Manager will split their time evenly between technical and project management duties.
- The Systems Engineer piece will consist of an advanced field support services position focused on the highest level of client satisfaction.
- This individual is responsible for the delivery of repair services of complex products in networking environments and the delivery and installation of high end products.
- His/Her skills are solid and proficient, directed at advanced hardware maintenance with concentrated focus on systems software and networking products.
- He/She must also display the skills to lead installation activities of other employees. Must follow defined Insight policies and procedures.
- The Project Management piece will consist of responsibility for maintenance of existing project documentation, process management and procedures.
- This position will also be responsible for managing up to 6 fellow contracted Insight employees all working onsite at the same customer location.
- He/She should have experience with project management and methodology.
- Identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to resolve the problem, keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
- Installs and tests system hardware and/or software and operating systems at customer site. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up the servers, bridges, and a hub, testing the hardware and/or software to make sure it is working, identifying system problems.
- Provides advanced technical support and supervisory support for other System and Field Engineers. This includes, but is not limited to, responding to questions, assisting with troubleshooting, and determining problems.
- Completes all required documentation involved in a service call to ensure accurate billing, and timely return of defective products/parts, with respect to warranty or contract. This includes completion of required paperwork, preparing defective product or parts for return to vendor, and promptly returning defective products/parts and paperwork according to Insight policies and procedures.
- Enhances level of technical training and skill set through active deployment within chosen technical path / skill set. Maintains knowledge of new technologies and vendor offerings that are cost effective resulting in continued client satisfaction.
- Maintains and protects assets and property. This includes spare parts, loaners, tools and test equipment, as well as equipment that may be provided by Insight’s customers.
- Escalates service/system problems and issues to the appropriate manager. This includes service calls exceeding commitments with regard to
- response time, repair time, lack of spare parts, training or any other actual or potential customer satisfaction problem.
- Lead fellow contracted Insight employees onsite at the customer location. This includes but is not limited to, review and approval of time sheets, personal time off, escalation of personnel issues to managers within Insight.
- Maintain all documentation associated with the Insight/Client relationship.
- Attend regular status meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- MS Exchange, 3+ years – Required
- File/Printer Server, 3+ years – Required
- MS Server OS support, 3+ years – Required
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Citrix, 2+ years
- AD, 3+ years
- Backup Exec, 2+ years
- Hardware, 2 years
- Symantec, 2+ years
- VMWare, 1+ years
- SAN, 1+ years
- Blades, 1 years
Desired but not Required
- Associate Degree in the field of technology studies, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five years bench and/or on-site service technical experience.
- Minimum of three years network installations/service experience.
- Minimum of two years networking product service experience.
- Minimum of two years assisting with project management of IT related projects.
- Troubleshooting capability on major network operating systems, particularly in mission critical environments.
- Expertise in major desktop operating systems (Windows 9X, Windows 2000 and Windows NT Workstation), and in major network operating systems (Windows NT Server and Novell Intranet-Netware).
- Knowledgeable with large account environments and protocol.
Certifications: Vendor certifications and technical education Management: Ability to lead and guide other Field and System Engineers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com