Career Opportunity for Software Analyst/Developer Specializing in Second Tier Support and Product Development
Due to the explosive growth of our integrated line of benefit management software solutions, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Software Analyst/Developer to join our software SUPPORT team. This position requires experience in analyzing the bug reports that are passed up from 1st level support, and determine the cause of the problem and formulate a solution for the problem. In addition, analytical and development skills are needed when functionality gaps occur that will then need to be designed, estimated, and implemented on our platform. The position is 90%+ support and maintenance, with light programming needed to manipulate the client’s existing data and creation of Crystal Reports. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The key responsibilities of the ideal candidate:
· Anaytical approach to problem solving.
· Develop, implement and maintain application software to established standards and specifications, using approved programming languages.
· Test, evaluate, and validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services.
· Document new programs or changes to existing programs.
· Direct client communication and customer support, upfront and throughout life cycle of product.
· Formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
· Define and implement IT quality assurance practices and procedures.
· Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
· Responsible for custom work for clients as requested.
· Work independently and in a team environment
· Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problems
· Use discretion to effect timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime, and prevent cost overruns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Visual Basic 6 primarily and c# development [next generation]
- Microsoft SQL-Server management and query building.
- Crystal Reports.
- Software Configuration Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- Microsoft .Net framework and development tools
- Object Oriented Development principles and practical experience
B. Education (level and type):
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
C. Related Work Experience: Number of Years
Customer Support 3.0
Software engineering 3.0
Business Analysis 3.0
TPA or similar background 1.0
(Flexible Benefit Plans,
Insurance Benefits Claims)
The rewards we offer the ideal candidate:
· An upbeat, casual, professional team environment in a growing company within a growing industry.
· Many career paths including software development, management, project management, marketing, program development and sales.
· World class benefits including paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org