Due to the explosive growth of our integrated line of benefit management software solutions, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Software Analyst/Developer to join our software team. This position requires experience in analyzing the existing structure and data of the customer and mapping, translating, and coding conversion programs. In addition, analytical and development skills are needed when functionality gaps occur that will then need to be designed, estimated, and implemented on our platform. The position is 50%+ data conversion, with light programming needed to manipulate the client’s existing data. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The key responsibilities of the ideal candidate:
· Convert data from various older technologies (examples are Foxpro, dBase, proprietary systems, text files, Microsoft Access etc.).
· Develop, implement and maintain application software to established standards and specifications, using approved programming languages.
· Test, evaluate, and validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services.
· Document new programs or changes to existing programs.
· Direct client communication and customer support, upfront and throughout life cycle of product.
· Formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
· Define and implement IT quality assurance practices and procedures.
· Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
· Responsible for custom work for clients as requested.
· Work independently and in a team environment
· Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problems
· Use discretion to effect timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime, and prevent cost overruns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Visual Basic 6 and c# development
- Microsoft SQL-Server database development
- Understanding and/or ability to learn a variety of other technologies including FoxPro, Oracle, Microsoft Access, and other data storage methods that the Client’s current data is stored in.
- Software Configuration Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- Microsoft .Net framework and development tools
- Object Oriented Development principles and practical experience
B. Education (level and type):
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
C. Related Work Experience: Number of Years
Software engineering experience 3.0
Business Analysis experience desired 3.0
TPA or similar background 1.0
(Flexible Benefit Plans,
Insurance Benefits Claims Experience)
Customer Support experience 3.0
The rewards we offer the ideal candidate:
- An upbeat, casual, professional team environment in a growing company within a growing industry.
- Many career paths including software development, management, project management, marketing, program development and sales.
- World class benefits including paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com