Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Kansas City, Kansas.
As a member of the Web Services and Portal Team, our new Software Engineer will need to collaborate with other team members on projects, supporting the various business needs of the company. The Web Services and Portal team provides from scratch development, ongoing maintenance, testing, and documentation for internet-based projects, including, but not limited to websites, web services, mobile apps and API’s in a hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Extensive knowledge of api’s.
- Build new CMS based sites from scratch; including front end and logic layers
- Design and develop features for our CMS web products
- Design and develop integrations with third-party systems
- Design and develop stand alone .NET web apps/sites
- Develop and integrate logic for/with REST API layer
- Able to put forth design concepts during project Discovery
- Comfortable working with other developers who may be remote at times.
- Design and implement unit and functional testing
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Comfortable in Agile environment with SHORT Daily Scrum format
- Help to improve the scalability and security of the system
- Interface with QA, UX/product design, and DevOps teams
- Develop software applications using best practices in coordination with a distributed team.
- Help plan & roadmap new features and functionality.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in full-stack web development role with the following technologies:
- Proficient in .Net C# (REST API dev.)
- CSS3 (prefer experience with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS, LESS)
- Version Control (GIT)
- Preference given to those with a working knowledge of the _________ Industry. ( Ask the Cycle3 IT recruiter for more information. )
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thoroughly understands software development life cycle principles and techniques.
- Ability to work within both Agile AND Waterfall project methodologies effectively
- Willingness to build an understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which they are used. Applies that knowledge during discovery period and throughout development process.
- Software development fundamentals including the concepts of branching, deployment, testing, maintenance; the full life cycle. Hands on experience with representative technologies.
- Comfortable with the development of web solutions from scratch as well as maintenance thereof.
- Self driven; The candidate must be capable of, at times, declaring work for themselves to improve or build upon code in place (ie: must be willing to knock off backlog tasks by their own accord when time permits). This is a must as there will be momentary lapses of time in development.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org