Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a SQL DBA / Developer for a permanent opportunity.
This position works closely with the Data Services Manager to manage all aspects of the SQL Server environment including (but not limited to): backups, performance tuning, monitoring, upgrades, and indexing. This position will also perform database development utilizing SSIS and T-SQL, be involved in the design and enhancement of systems, review database development done by third parties, and resolve data-related issues. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in SSIS packages, as well as database queries, feeds, and jobs.
2. Perform medium complexity development tasks using SQL Server tools including: SSIS, stored procedures, views, and functions.
3. Monitor the performance and utilization of corporate databases and database services.
4. Ensure that databases are backed up (and recoverable) in a way that meets the recovery objectives of the business.
5. Work with Data Services Manager to promote the integrity, performance, and security of corporate databases and applications.
6. Deploy database change scripts and SSIS packages from third parties and ensure that new code meets standards of performance and reliability.
7. Install and configure new SQL Servers and assist in the upgrade and migration of SQL environments.
8. Ensure that development, test, and production databases are available and configured to support application development life cycle.
9. Design indexing strategies and help developers improve the performance of queries through both T-SQL and indexing changes.
10. Advise developers on SQL Server features and the efficient design of database solutions (table structures, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
11. Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages and critical issues as they occur, including nights and weekends.
12. Identify potential service-level problems before they occur.
13. Design and implement database security to ensure both the integrity and availability of corporate data.
14. Uphold enterprise and IT policy guidelines.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field plus at least 3-5 years database experience.
· 2+ years progressive responsibilities in SQL Server Database Development and/or Administration and a solid understanding of SQL Server Architecture (SQL Server 2008 and up).
· 2+ years’ experience creating T-SQL statements, SSIS packages, stored procedures, and data extraction routines to import, export, clean, and transform data.
· Demonstrated expertise in query optimization and tuning, including cross database and cross server queries.
· Experience being the “go-to” person for the administration (backups, maintenance, configuration, monitoring) of at least one production SQL Server environment.
· ETL development in a data warehouse environment.
· Experience configuring and making changes to transactional replication.
· Using profiler and trace flags to find long or frequently running queries.
· Using DMVs to identify and troubleshoot performance problems.
· On-call troubleshooting experience with production SQL Servers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org