We are looking for a SQL Server DBA. The right candidate will possess expert understanding of the SQL Server architecture, administration and security arenas and will demonstrate a solid grasp of advanced SQL query techniques in addition to experience with large OLTP and OLAP environments. Primary job duties will include support for business intelligence developers as well as maintenance and administration of the live production SQL Server instances including data warehouse and other offsite instances related to live production.
· Ensures accurate, appropriate and effective use of data; including data definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines
· Augments application development support including updates to data models, creation and maintenance of data access code (typically stored procedures), optimization of existing SQL
· Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy completeness and proper usage of data in tables and support tools, such as database dictionaries
· Reviews database design and integration of systems and makes recommendations for enhancements or improvements.
· Monitors transaction activity and utilization, with particular strengths in performance tuning highly transactional databases in both the development and production environments including remotely located servers
· Ensures data replication is scheduled and optimized
· Provide 24×7 on-call support for production systems
· 6+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment
· 3+ year experience with SSIS / SSRS / SSAS
· 3+ year experience in database and ETL development
· Experience working in agile environment including creating of automated build, integration and data refresh processes
· Expertise with configuring, implementing and supporting large high availability SQL Server environments, including experience with replication, log shipping, and database mirroring
· Deep understanding of database design principals
· Excellent understanding of query execution plans
· Expert in Stored Procedures and SQL coding
· Expert in query, index and DB I/O performance tuning
· Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
· Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
· Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
· Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
· Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB)
· Experience running and supporting very large data warehouse databases (OLAP, Big Data)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org