Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a SQL Server DBA / Developer.
IT DBA / SQL Server Developer –
- Microsoft SQL DB 2014 preferred
- Nice to have Resource Governor experience
- Work with minimal supervision
- Be good at data manipulation
- Be able to communicate well in English
– Prefer a temp-to-hire
The SQL Server Developer will be supporting the ongoing expansion of the MediCUBE application. This role requires strong SQL Server 2012/14 logical and physical database design skills in very large Data Warehouse environments.
Tasks included but not limited to are:
- Code various ETL and SQL processes.
- Create/modify Stored Procedures
- Handle performance tuning and optimization, including partitioning,
indexing schemes, table compression, etc.
- Participate in design and analysis sessions with technical
leads/Delivery managers to ensure sound team decision-making, and come up with the best appropriate solutions.
- Document required changes in Data warehouse and ETL architecture diagrams.
- Maintain data integrity with associated audits
- Create data loads
- Maintain data
- 5+ years of experience as a SQL Server Database Developer.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with SPs and SSIS development in a SQL
- Server 2008/2012 R2 environment.
- Experience in developing very large Data Warehouse applications.
- Experience with complex stored procedures used for ETL, DQ and validation.
- Experience leveraging SQL Server 2008 – 2014 features such as SDC,
partitioning, indexing schemes, table compression, etc.
- Experience collaborating and standardizing on design and development
processes across the entire MediCUBE framework.
- Experience documenting required changes in Data warehouse and ETL
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
SQL server development: 5 years
- DBA maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
- DBA implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- DBA also designs and builds relational databases for data storage or processing; develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
- Function well in large-scale, highly complex, cross-functional / platform environment
- Solid individual performance, but may spend considerable portion of their time providing direction for others
- Share knowledge, coach and mentor
- Standard level resources in area of expertise
- May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
- May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
- Good communication and relationship skills, both in directing the technical team and updating Company leadership
- Implement complex or non-routine data models and database designs and data access and table maintenance codes Implement changes into development, QA and production environments and monitor database and system performance
- Resolve complex database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues
- Confer and advises on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods
- Consult with application development teams and advises them of the correct usage of appropriate data manipulation techniques
- Responsible for space management, backup, monitoring and maintaining ongoing performance of databases and develops updates or modifications according to business needs
- Monitor and review the work of other database administrators to ensure correct practices and procedures
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and / or database knowledge
- Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials including manuals and systems
- Design technical solutions and prepares implementation methods to be performed by other DBA team members
- Provide support and backup for management Assist with work plan development and work distributions for team members
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience 6-8 years experience in database administration
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain databases
- Thorough knowledge of underlying database management systems products and tools
- Knowledge of Disk storage mechanisms preferred Knowledge of programming languages helpful
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely detail oriented Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with health care industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and be on call to accommodate project deadlines and business requirements
- Background in Logical Data Modeling very helpful
- Knowledge of extended features of DBMS technology required
- Certifications appropriate to technologies identified in qualifications are preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com