Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a SQL Server DBA for a Distributed Database Administrator role in a permanent full time capacity in Springfield, Missouri.
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for the enterprise wide Client/Server database environment consisting of 50+ SQL instances and 30+ TB of data. Employees in this position are the primary personnel to implement, maintain, monitor and protect the Microsoft SQL Database systems.
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Proactively monitoring the SQL database environment to ensure continued availability of the database services.
· Developing processes to increase efficiency and automate regular maintenance of the environment in order to meet and/or establish service level objectives.
· Troubleshooting, Identifying and resolving problems within the SQL environment.
· Assist Infrastructure & Applications teams with implementation of new software releases.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the database environment.
· Providing consultation, support and guidance to various IT teams
· Participates in Rotating on-call after hours support.
Education and Technical Requirements:
§ IT related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
§ Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server
§ Experience troubleshooting & resolving database problems
§ Knowledge of available SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies including clustering
§ Experience implementing automation using powershell scripts
§ Strong expertise with backups, restores and recovery models.
§ Proficient with system performance measuring and monitoring.
§ Experience performance tuning poorly performing SQL statements
§ Proficient in understanding Transact-SQL
§ Experience working with Windows servers including proper disk configurations for SQL Server.
Preferred Technical Criteria
§ Basic knowledge of administering SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
§ Knowledge of Oracle, DB2 UDB or Sybase
§ Certification is a plus MCTS, MCITP, MCSA/MCSE, MVP
Required Behavioral Attributes:
§ Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and able to operate with minimal supervision
§ Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
§ Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential
§ Creativity in proactively developing approaches to problems, recommending actions and implementing those recommendations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com