Career Opportunity for SQL Server DBA/Systems and Network Administrator
We have an exciting career opportunity for a SQL Server DBA/Systems and Network Administrator to join our software team. The job requires both SQL Server DBA and System Administration experience. The position requires you to perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure Database and LAN performance meets company and user requirements and manage our remote Web server farm.
Systems and Network Administrator Job Summary:
Install, setup, and monitor local area network (LAN), PCs and Servers.
SQL Server DBA Job Summary:
SQL Server DBA will be responsible for working on multiple environments and projects for multiple clients. Responsibilities include production support of the database environments, strong communication skills (both verbal and written), software product installation and maintenance. Under minimal supervision, DBA will be responsible for proactive monitoring and resolving technical issues, backup and recovery, performance tuning and on call trouble shooting and problem resolution of production databases. Responsible for working collaboratively with the application development teams to design, develop and deploy effective data structures.
The key responsibilities of the ideal candidate:
Contribute to the Company vision to improve productivity of the benefit management function through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
1. Administer Windows Servers and network workstations, and administer SQL Server 2000 and 2005 installation with strong SQL replication knowledge.
2. Perform and/or oversee software and application, installation, and upgrades.
3. Investigate internal user and client application problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
4. Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
5. Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
6. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
7. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
8. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
9. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
10. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
11. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
12. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
13. Shared on-call duties for the production data environment.
14. Create and maintain databases required for dev/test/prod.
15. T-SQL development.
16. Database maintenance & monitoring of SQL Server 2005 & 2000 databases (clustered and non-clustered instances).
17. Replication setup and monitoring
18. Performance tuning.
19. Implementation and maintenance of database security (logins/roles).
20. Ensure database integrity.
21. Production deployment of database code.
22. Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
23. Responsible for backup/recovery planning.
24. Functional Database Design is a plus.
25. Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
The ideal candidate will possess:
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
** Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques. Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to provide technical training to end users. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications. Work with users requires interpersonal skills. This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of networking experience.
** Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
** Transact SQL writing skills required.
** Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
B. Education (level and type):
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
C. Related Work Experience: Number of Years
Software engineering experience 5.0
(Packaged Software Development)
Business Analysis experience 5.0
TPA or similar background 1.0
(Flexible Benefit Plans, Insurance Benefits Claims Experience)
Customer Support experience 3.0
The rewards we offer the ideal candidate:
** First year salary of $65,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
** An upbeat, casual, professional team environment in a growing company within a growing industry.
** World class benefits including 3 weeks paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance.
About the company:
The company. is the leading provider of insurance and Flex benefits claims processing software solutions. The company**s software solutions enhances our clients** productivity, meets their specific business needs, and keeps them current with technological developments and changes in governmental regulations.
The company is committed to developing a personal relationship with each client to ensure quality customer support and return on their technology investment. The company was established in 1996 and our global headquarters are located in St. Louis, Missouri.
Second Mile Technologies, Inc. will keep all personal data confidential. We will never sell personal data to anyone. We will never submit your resume without your approval.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org