Analyzes the organization's database and Business Intelligence (BI) needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage/archive/retrieval.
· Mentor DBA staff on monitoring, management, and maintenance of SQL databases to ensure maximum up-time and performance
· Establish policies and procedures related to data security and integrity; monitor and limit database access as needed
· Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems that manage BI solutions (Data Warehousing, Reporting/Analysis, and Performance Management) and internal database needs.
· Design complex or non-routine solutions for the SQL Server database and BI environments
· Provide technical leadership role over SQL Server environments, Data Warehousing (data integration, OLAP, KPIs, SQL Server support, and managed-production reporting), Reporting/Analysis, and Performance Management (monitoring, analytics, and planning)
· Prioritize and manage workload for SQL developers
· Mentor SQL Developers in SQL Server best practices
· Research to stay abreast of current technology that will keep the SQL databases and developers operating efficiently and effectively
· Research to stay abreast of current Business Intelligence technologies that will keep the enterprise data warehouses operating efficiently and effectively
· Provide assistance to Software Development team members with issues needing database knowledge
· Generate and give employee reviews for SQL developers
· Give correction, direction and encouragement for SQL developers
· Carry a ministry cell phone and be prepared to receive calls 24/7
· Requires a bachelor's degree
· 5 years of experience in the field
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Leads and directs the work of others.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Knowledge of SQL Server 2000 required and SQL Server 2005 preferred
· Ability to design, develop and maintain SQL Server databases
· Knowledge of SQL Server Clustering, BI, Database tuning, OLAP, and data warehousing preferred
· Must be detail oriented
· Must have good problem solving skills
· Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
· Ability to give correction and direction to SQL developers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org