Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Sterling Commerce Architect for a long term contract in Virginia.
The Architect provides product architecture and technical expertise to our clients and to the System Integration Architects project team. The Architect must have a complete understanding of the business processes as well as technical requirements for successful software implementations. The Architect ensures the overall quality of the system architecture design, application design, development, testing, and deployment. This includes ensuring that the solution design and delivery meet the customer’s business requirements. The Architect also mentors the functional and technical consultants on the project team.
* Architecture design and development in EDI, to include converting business requirements to development with Inbound/Outbound flow charts, data managers, queues, scripting, translation, encryption and communication modules.
* Specific emphasis in development utilizing Sterling Commerce’s Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) on all platforms.
* Successful candidate will also be required to work in a support capacity as needed.
* Acting as Project Lead on small to medium projects may be required.
* Interacting with business customers, IT personnel and members of management.
* Provide day-to-day GIS administrative support, system tuning and capacity planning.
* Assist in enhancing existing business processes, creating new ones and managing the promotion through the SDLC.
* This includes being the business/application development interface for requirements gathering.
* Perform EDI/XML/ Mapping using Sterling Commerce (GIS) Mapper.
* Design Business Process using Sterling Commerce Business Process Modeling tools.
* Support client issues with speedy turnaround.
* Ability to work independently during client implementations.
* Conducts EDI application testing sufficient to identify and correct inconsistencies with developed map.
* Assist Department Manager with time estimates for business process and mapping Qualifications.
* Experience with Gentran Integration Suite, Data Mapping Tool and Business Process Modeler.
* Experience with Standard Rules within Data Mapping Tool.
* Working Experience completing EDI setups with Trading partners.
* ODBC database maps to write records into databases.
* Working experience with GIS tuning, optimization, and capacity planning.
* Extensive troubleshooting skills for GIS on all levels of Database, Firewall, Perimeter Server, Application Level.
* Business Process creation and troubleshooting, command line adapter configuration, and solid PGP and PKI infrastructure experience in a mission critical, multi-site enterprise environment.
* Maps for EDI Formats ( ANSI X12 4010, 4030, EDIFACT 97A ). XML including XPath, DTDs, and XSchema for Data Mapping and Process Models.
* Experience transforming data between different formats (Delimited Data/XML/Flat File)
* Knowledge of XML, XPath, XSLT, XML Schemas, Database creation, java and jsp to create custom service creation is required.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org