The Systems Analyst – Telephony Specialist provides technical design, installation, configuration, and support for the company’s IP telephony systems to meet business requirements. Some of the work entails installation / upgrade of core / ancillary system components, software configuration, and end-user support. The ability to work independently and self-educate in a highly autonomous and unsupervised setting is required. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience. Also required is 3+ years of business experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designs, implements, configures, and supports the company’s Interactive Intelligence IP telephony system to meet business requirements
· Installs, upgrades, registers, and configures supporting applications
· Conducting wellness checks and monitoring the health of assigned applications
· Manages user accounts and permissions as required by applications
· Administers desktops including O/S, Driver, and application installations, patches, and ongoing support
· Develops training curriculum, guides, instructions and conducts user training in one-to-one and group settings
· Develops and maintains a separate testing environment for system
· Works with 3rd party vendors, consultants, contractors, and service providers for supported applications – including problem resolution and escalating as necessary
· Provides information regarding licensing, hardware, and software needs for future planning and budgeting
· Provides technical support to users with very different levels of IT knowledge and competence
· Maintains friendly and professional attitude in stressful situations
· Works closely with other teams for problem resolution and project coordination
· Work closely with vendors to define solutions that meet business needs
· Is available during regular hours of operation for response to system issues/failures
· Is available during non-business hours of operation for system issues/failures
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager or management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to perform all Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed or inferred in this job description.
· Ability to work with telecommunication providers to effectively communicate and troubleshoot issues
· Ability to identify problems and opportunities for improvement, develop possible solutions, and suggest the best course of action
· Ability to determine business needs and solve those needs with software applications
· Ability to be responsive to changing business needs and technical requirements
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Ability to self-organize and prioritize without constant supervision or direction.
· Ability to self-educate in a highly autonomous and unsupervised setting
· Ability to develop effective training materials.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently train and educate end users.
· Ability to write, speak, and effectively relate to users on an interpersonal level.
· Ability to clearly, quickly and effectively relate technical terms to non-technical personnel and end users
· Ability to handle concurrent assignments and effectively prioritize them
· Ability to apply knowledge of multiple technologies as appropriate
· Ability to multitask on various small and large projects and support work
· Ability to install computer and telephony hardware/software
· Ability to troubleshooting and solve problems in a timely manner.
· Team player; shows initiative; exercises good judgment; strong follow through; effectively manages time; maintains flexibility; good verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience.
· 3+ years of business experience
· Knowledge and experience with Microsoft client and server operating systems.
· Experience with applications running Windows Server, SQL and all windows operating systems
· Experience with IP telephony
· Experience with Interactive Intelligence’s solutions including the Customer Interactive Center (CIC) solution given additional consideration.
· ICCE given additional consideration
· Experience with Outbound Dialing, Workforce Management or Quality Assurance products given additional consideration
· Experience with SIP Carriers given additional consideration
· Hardware: Intel/Compaq Servers, Dialogic, Aculab, Audiocodes, Cisco Gateways, IP Telephones (Polycom, Cisco, etc.)
· Software: Dialogic/HMP, Visio 2003, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Email (MS Outlook), Intel Server Management
· Operating Systems: (Windows Server 2008, 2003 (Workstation and Server), XP, 7)
· Basic skills including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIRMENTS
· This position may require you to provide personal cell phone with service that has the ability to connect with an enterprise email server on a continually basis.
· Ability to periodically lift 50 pound servers
· Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
· Required to stand, walk, use hands, reach, stoop, kneel or bend, talk, hear, write
· Must be able to problem solve using deductive reasoning in a timely manner
· Moderate to loud noise level
· Fast paced and positive
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com