Cycle3 IT is seeking 4 Visual Basic 6 Programmers for a 8 month contract.
The current code is written in Visual Basic 6 and the new team will be tasked with rewriting the current code to meet new requirements.
· Programmers must have 8 years or more of experience.
· 3 or more years of experience in Visual Basic 6
· Additional experience should be analysis, design, programming, testing and ensuring all work is well documented.
Software Analyst/Developer: VB6 Re-Factoring Project
Due to a re-factoring effort to increase scalability and stability of a large VB 6 Application, we have a contracting opportunity for a Software Analyst/Developer to assist our software team. An eight (8) month engagement is anticipated. Experience with similar re-factoring efforts is highly desired. In addition, strong analytical and development skills are needed to understand issues with the current system as necessary to design, estimate, implement and test the required solutions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The key responsibilities of the ideal candidate:
Contribute to the Paydirect Re-Factoring Project.
· Develop, implement and maintain application software to established standards and specifications, using approved programming languages.
· Test, evaluate, and validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services.
· Document new programs or changes to existing programs.
· Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
· Work independently and in a team environment
· Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problems
· Use discretion to effect timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime, and prevent cost overruns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
A. Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Visual Basic 6 development
- Microsoft SQL-Server database development
- Advanced SQL expertise.
- Understanding and/or ability to learn a variety of other technologies including.
- Software Configuration Management
- Software Quality Assurance
- Crystal Reports development
B. Education (level and type):
B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com