Responsible for supporting VMware, specifically ESX vSphere 4 to monitor cluster performance, optimize the server environment and diagnose / resolve production issues for the Infrastructure Delivery and Operations (IDO) team. Communication and customer service skills are essential as the VMware Administrator will be collaborating with business units and other senior-level technical support teams to design, develop, implement and support hypervisor based solutions. This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn and share knowledge about UNIX Servers. They also need to be an energetic, self motivated individual who is committed to customer service and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Experience (3+ years) supporting VMware. Experience using ESX vSphere 4. Version 3.5 and earlier is fine, but preference will be given to experience with v4.
· Administration expertise utilizing Virtual Center, including vSphere Command-Line Interface commands.
· Ability to troubleshooting ESX host issues with VMware, independent of St Louis Support staff.
· Experience troubleshooting DRS Cluster errors with shares, pools, and limits.
· Experience troubleshooting HA Cluster errors with slot calculations, admission control, and host monitoring.
· Experience developing processes and scripts using Perl(Linux) and/or Powershell(Windows) to automate common tasks for use by a level-1 support team.
· Experience using a formalized change management and incident management process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Capable of monitoring, configuring and diagnosing storage access issues with EMC CLARiiON and/or NetApp NAS to view, configure, and diagnose storage access problems.
· Experience providing remote support and collaborating with a globally based support team.
· Experience with the Network File System (NFS) protocol.
· Experience administering Dell (legacy) and Cisco server hardware.
· University degree.
The core hours for this role are 8AM to 5PM. On-Call timeframe is 5PM – 8PM, some weekends and is a responsibility is shared among the team. There is a support team in India that covers the 8PM to 8AM timeframe.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com