GIS Voice and Data Network Support
This position is part of a Voice and Data Support team that works closely with the Planning and Delivery teams to support existing and new infrastructure solutions. This position requires an extensive background in networking technologies, ensuring that all Telecommunication Services meet customer expectations relative to client satisfaction in a global environment. A background in LAN & WAN technologies will also be a key in this position.
Candidate Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Supporting the technical design, implementation and troubleshooting for Cisco IPT (VoIP) networks.
· Competent in Enterprise campus routing/switching, WAN routing in a multi-provider environment, Quality of Service, Multicast, and application load balancing.
· Establishing network protocols, and transmission and protection standards; tracking and understanding emerging telecommunications network concepts, practices, equipment, regulations, and standards
· Managing network performance by conducting capacity planning, network modeling, traffic analysis, forecasting, and provisioning; answering technical inquiries; advising on upgrade and expansion strategies.
· Maintaining and upgrading service by implementing and monitoring network management tools; creating schedules for testing and maintenance; performing remote access administration and connectivity; leading troubleshooting efforts; providing second-level support; writing networking environment policies and procedures; enforcing compliance to standards; training operators; preparing disaster recovery plans; evaluating new software and hardware; implementing upgrades; updating maps.
· Must possess the ability to comprehend and learn new advanced technologies including BMC BladeLogic Server, Cisco ACE Load Balancer and Remedy under time constrained conditions.
· Knowledge of network transmission principles, IP networks, wireless, routing and quality of service fundamentals are mandatory.
· A thorough knowledge of WAN technologies, circuit fundamentals, customer applications and troubleshooting techniques is also essential.
· Advanced understanding of Cisco equipment including Content Switching Modules, SSL Modules, WAAS, Catalyst 6500 and 4500, VPN concentrators preferred.
· Knowledge of multicast environments to support multiple technologies such as video, prepositioned content, etc.
· Knowledge of advanced web environments that include multi-tier implementations, load balancing and SSL termination.
· Customer Focus, Network Hardware Configuration, Routers, Hubs, and Switches, Load Balancing and Scalability, Documentation Skills,
· Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Innovation, Internal Communications, Informing Others, Resolving Conflict.
· Cisco Enterprise Class routers and switches.
· TCP/IP, IEEE 802.3/.5/.11, VLAN and MPLS fundamentals.
· EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
· VoIP including Cisco Communications Manager (CallManager) and/or Cisco Unity.
· QoS in a Campus and WAN Environment.
· Cisco WAAS Environment.
· IPSEC/IP-VPN services via routers and concentrators.
· 5+ years experience supporting WANs, complex routed/switched LAN environments.
· Highly desired – Both CCNA and CCDA.
· Preferred – CCNP, CCDP, CCVP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org