Responsible for delivering external web applications for use by field force and customers. Manage team and projects ensuring sufficient planning and communication. Work closely with internal partners, providing technology support and innovation to insurance product rollouts. Oversee systems analysis and design, database architecture, programming and production support with knowledge of best practices and relevant technologies. Work with members of the business community, other technical team members and corporate IT staff. Manage expectations and interact with external customers to support APD’s long-term objective of being easy to do business with and a customer service leader in our industry.
1. Manage team of developers and contractors, assigning work, tracking progess and delivering technology according to plan and budget. Ensure applications are amply documented and supported. Promote consistent methodology and adherence to development processes within the team. 30%
2. Perform analysis and produce requirement documents and packages of work for the web team. Gather business needs, research and packages of work for the web team. Gather business needs, research and compile business rules used to design and develop solutions. 20%
3. Maintain relationships with peers in IT, the business and the industry. This requires some ongoing internal and external customer contact. 15%
4. Contribute to development in .NET, C#, Microsoft SQL and related technologies. Construct, modify, debug, test and install moderate sized and moderately complex application code. Demonstrates prototypes and collaberates with user community on testing. 15%
5. Produce functional and technical design documents. Design moderately complex applications and data structures to meet customer's functional requirements. 10%
6. Continue ongoing professional development. Pursues continuing education opportunities in technical and business related areas that improve knowledge and performance in the company. 5%
7. Perform other job related duties as assigned.5%
Requires 3-5 years of managing IT development. BS in Computer Science or BS in Business with Information Systems minor a plus. Master Degree a plus. Experience programming in SQL, C# and .NET required with a broad understanding of relevant technologies. Certification in Microsoft development tools a plus. Knowledge of insurance industry a plus.
Abilities: Understands business and sees big picture. Strong verbal & writing skills. Works well with business partners in identifying business requirements. Ability to design and develop solutions to meet customer requirements, using database and PC and web development tools. Analytical, detail-oriented. Ability to meet deadlines.
Contact with others: Members of the business community, other technical team members, corporate IT staff, senior management, internal and external customers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org