This position’s role is to design, install, administer and optimize company Microsoft servers, VMWare ESX, iSCSI storage and related components to achieve high performance of the business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment to ensure high levels of availability and security, and ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
This position interacts with other teams assisting in technology design, configuration, and implementation, system users (employees and contractors, company-wide) in personal computer and server troubleshooting. There is also interaction with vendors to resolve hardware or software issues, obtaining quotes for new hardware and software and attending various technical webinars and training sessions.
Windows Server Administration. This involves new server configuration of hardware and software—Windows 2003/2008 Server, Exchange 2003, VMWare, Terminal Server (OFA/Ellipse); hardware maintenance—coordinating with third-party vendors, securing replacement parts and installing; software maintenance—functionality updates and security patches; evaluating new third-party tools for potential purchase and making recommendations that improve efficiency, reliability and performance. Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports. Check service desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and provide timely response. Responsible for documentation of Windows server systems for disaster recovery planning.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, math, engineering or business or equivalent experience.
· 2 years of experience with Exchange 2000/2003 Administration
· 4 years of experience with Windows configuration and installation. This position requires the ability to configure and install server equipment.
· 4 years of experience administering a Windows environment in a LAN/WAN topology, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and WINS.
· 2 years of experience with Insight Manager, Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM), BigFix Patch Management or similar management tool.
· 1 year of experience with VMWare environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com