Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking an Application DBA for a long term contract.
The successful candidate will work with the team to develop and maintain enterprise-level Java/Oracle applications. The candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, scientific business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to develop new application features to support breeding data collection and analysis efforts. The candidate will be required to develop DDL and DML scripts for Oracle and SQL server databases as well as work with a third party data synchronization solution in conjunction with other team members.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with Scientific Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to understand the data.
- Investigate source systems to locate and understand existing data.
- Build database scripts.
- Create documents and coordinate script deployment with Data Operations and Enterprise DBA team.
- Adhere to coding standards as defined in Research IT.
- Coordinate and ensure appropriate reviews per processes defined in Research IT.
- Assist in developing data migration strategies.
- Understand data issues and help troubleshoot issues.
- To develop expertise in managing third party synchronization solution development issues.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
The candidate must possess the following technical experience:
- Minimum requirements include at least 3-5 years of full time experience as an application DBA in a scientific or technical environment
- Experience with SQL, SQL tuning, and Oracle data extraction and modification.
- Ability to communicate across diverse audience of business analysts, architects, business users and technical project staff .
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities. Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change. Demonstrated interaction skills across a wide spectrum of technical contacts and teams.
- Passion for the integrity of database design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Hands-on role requiring rigorous attention to detail and thorough application of standards.
- Self starter, capable of driving towards goals independently. Highly self motivated and delivery focused.
- Have demonstrable understanding and awareness of technology and an ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- Willingness to do collaborative software development.
- Extreme familiarity and comfort with the Oracle environment.
- Knowledge of SQL Server is an added advantage.
- Agricultural Breeding or Biotech experience.
- Large development project experience.
- Some database design is a plus.
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team to achieve a common goal.
- Proven to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the software lifecycle and relevant software methodologies used in software development.
Desired skills/education/experience/attributes (ideal candidate):
Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Performance: Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Business Awareness: Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business, demonstrates understanding of the business context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Communication and Influence: Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Partnership and Teamwork: Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com