We are seeking an Avaya Telecom Engineer for the St. Louis area on a contractual basis.
Provides assistance to technology users according to the established Quality Management System.
END USER: Installs new and/or expands existing personal computer based systems. Determines required software and hardware in conjunction with end users. Programs or selects suitable software to meet user requirements. Installs new and maintains existing hardware. Provides problem-solving support to computer users. Develops and maintains telecommunications systems. May train users in use of equipment. 20%
NETWORK OPERATIONS: Under minimal supervision, can utilize administration software to document and track Incidents, Requests and can generate reports. As required, provide after-hours end user support and is capable of handling some elements of a project. Has advance understanding of the QMS process, able to identify process improvements and capable of performing updates. Has advanced skills in infrastructure, system and application monitoring of performance and availability. With advanced knowledge of the network infrastructure and able to identify issues and escalation to the appropriate support group. Has a technical understanding of monitoring tools and to be able to create standard monitors. 20%
NETWORK SERVICES: Under moderate supervision, evaluates and maintains existing or proposed voice and data network solutions and services. Analyzes the requirements of the user and recommends existing IT standard solutions. Prepares detailed specifications and plans for implementation of voice and data solutions. Monitors network to ensure its performance and availability for all company*s users and the clients that we serve. Assists with end-user problem resolution and escalation to the appropriate support personnel. Maintains all appropriate documentation in support of the voice and data network. 20%
COMMUNICATIONS: Structures and writes documents for project with limited guidance. Delivers prepared presentations with confidence; can discuss issues in response to questions. 10%
INTERACTIONS: Interacting with all levels up to Divisional management. Provides others with resources needed to serve customers. 10%
LEADERSHIP: Ability to understand MGTS standards, process and best practices. Aware of current initiatives. Understands MGTS 3 year plan and able to align to the functional plan's strategic direction and priorities. Supports implementation of new technologies. 10%
PROBLEM SOLVING: Good understanding of business unit issues as they relate to technology. Could participate in root cause analysis and assist in the development of actionable recommendations. 10%
1. Coordinating, reviewing, and programming all moves, adds, and changes associated with Avaya Communication Manager platform supporting 4000+ users.
2. Coordinating, reviewing, and programming requests associated with Avaya ACD for call center environments.
3. Skilled in the operations of the Avaya CMS platform to include programming, reporting, and troubleshooting is favorable.
4. Advanced skills with vectoring and call routing within the ACD a must. (Testing will be conducted)
5. Experience with IP softphone and IP agent applications to include programming and troubleshooting VOIP issues.
6. Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications required.
7. Experience with IT ticketing systems like HEAT for the management of requests and incidents.
8. Developing and documenting ACD call flow specifications for projects is desirable
9. Experience with IVR, Call Recording, and Call Accounting Systems is preferred.
10. Reviewing, ascertaining accuracy, and qualifying payment of invoices submitted by the interconnect companies for services rendered.
11. Must be able to travel on occasion and be able to support 24X7 on-call on a recurring basis.
1. Minimum five years of general telecommunications and Avaya technical experience.
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
3. Ability to work effectively with personnel on all levels.
Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. 5-7 years experience within a technology related field. Ability to work independently and team environments. Ability to analyze situations, negotiate and position solutions towards company*s strategic plans, excellent execution skills.
Adaptability & Resourcefulness
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com