In 2007, work began on a company multiple line Data Warehouse, designed to serve a multi-billion dollar enterprise. This exciting project is in its second year, has already seen a successful implementation of its first phase, client and account information for all lines of business. The base layer resides in DB2 with the access layer in SQL Server and COGNOS as the BI tool. The second phase, which incorporates additional data, is targeted for completion in early 2009 followed by other data. If you enjoy data design and the data warehouse environment, you are encouraged to apply for this challenging position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with users to understand data needs.
- Collaborate with developers to understand the source data.
- Design data architecture.
- Design logical data model for Base tables.
- Design logical data model for Collection tables.
- Design physical data model for Base tables.
- Design physical data model for Collection tables.
- Uses data modeling tool to create DDL for DBAs.
- Research, analyze, design, propose and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with CIS major preferred.
- Minimum of 2.5 years experience as a data designer. (Data warehouse experience a plus.)
- Experience using data modeling tools. (Power Designer experience a plus)
- Experience with different data structures and basic algorithms (stacks, sorting, queues, etc.)
- Experience with a DBMS environment (SQL Server, DB2)
- Experience with providing application system solutions to the business community.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Broad understanding of developing data warehouses, methodologies, ETL, etc.
- Service oriented.
- Ability to understand business problems and relate them to technical solutions.
- Ability to identify new data warehouse opportunities, propose new solutions and promote their acceptance.
- Must be a strong team player who thrives in a high productivity environment and enjoys being part of a solution.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org