Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Database Administrator for a full time permanent opportunity.
The Database Administrator will be part of the Global Database Engineering team, which is responsible for all the aspects of database administration on production environments. The responsibilities include design and maintenance of database infrastructure and customer environments as part of a managed hosting solution. Daily responsibilities include providing top level escalation support for Hosting Operations Engineers and hosting support customers in their Oracle and MySQL DB Environment.
- Maintain 99.99% availability for all Hosting products and infrastructure
- Interface with other central organizations to improve and implement process, procedures and automation.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
- Provide 24×7 escalation supports for Oracle and MySQL environment and for assigned account(s).
- Participating in an on-call rotation schedule. Offshore team provides support during US night hours 7 days a week.
- 4-7 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration/support in Oracle RDBMS 11g, 10g, 9i in production environment
- In-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Understands Oracle RMAN features and can recover in case of disaster
- Good communication skills
- RAC implementations experience
- Setting up and maintaining Dataguard on 11g, 10g
- Setup and manage ASM instances.
- Worked with ADDM/ASH/AWR reports.
- VERITAS HA Cluster Servers
- Basic RedHat/Linux or Solaris Administration
- Understanding of OEM and Oracle grid-control.
- OCP in 10g or 11g
- MySQL administration
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Four years college degree in computer science or equivalent
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org