Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Database Engineer will join a team needing MS SQL 2008 T-SQL Stored Procedure Programming and Data Warehouse development, including ETL (SSIS) and OLAP architecture design (SSAS) with multi-dimensional data modeling, data mart design, data security and process modeling for our web-based health applications using C# and .Net 4.0 within a Microsoft development environment. Development experience with .Net and reporting experience with Reporting Services (SSRS) also desired. The individual will be responsible for data modeling, implementing structure and data changes, database and SQL tuning, database installation/upgrades, backup and recovery, database availability, writing administration scripts and meeting with leading development teams on various projects. The candidate will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering and design through to coding and testing of our suite of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based products.
· Design, develop, implement and maintain the data warehouse and other databases required.
· Define and implement all procedures to manage and safeguard the database environments, using mechanisms provided by the DBMS, custom or third-party utilities.
· Design, develop, implement and maintain reporting (SSRS) from our core system and data warehouse.
· Perform and define procedures and methods for reorganizations, recoveries, and performance tuning of the database environments.
- Define and implement, in a timely manner, the methods and procedures that provide the highest availability of the databases to the developer and end-user environments.
- Define the naming standards and the enforcement of these standards for the databases.
- Perform and troubleshoot data loads to the data warehouse and OLTP databases.
- Perform regular reviews of the databases to identify performance problems, misuse (inadequate programming), and data duplication (duplication across tables).
- Research and make recommendations on the DBMS that will meet the user/developer requirements within the hardware guidelines specified by management.
- Provide leadership and training to ensure the most effective use of the DBMS environments.
- Strong working experience (7+ years) in data warehousing technologies and methodologies.
- Strong working experience (7+ years) in OLTP and OLAP.
- Good knowledge of ETL tools.
- Excellent advanced query writing.
- Ability to write reports, technical specs, procedures and correspondence.
· Working knowledge of software development lifecycles (SDLCs) and their utilization in software development projects
· Ability to apply group development standards and work constructively within a collaborative team environment
· Strong problem solving ability, analytical and design skills
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills
· Related-field Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com