The release/change coordinator will be responsible for handling all details of production release. This person must have knowledge of writing and maintaining Unix Shell Scripts. Other programming experiences a plus.
In addition to handling releases this individual will help automate the build and deploy procedure, communicate and track all IT related changes and define process as needed to maintain stable production systems.The preferred candidate will be someone with a development, Unix/Linux administration background or previous experience in a similar release management role. This candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
While the release/change coordinator does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The release/change coordinator will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The release/change coordinator will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Finally, the release/change coordinator may provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
Primary Skill Set:
- Strong work ethic and ability to work extended hours
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix administration (simple program installations and shell scripting: sever admin not required)
- Experience using and administrating source control software
- Ability to track deployments and follow deployment processes
- Experience with formal SDLC and developing process
- Ability to define KPI’s and Metrics in order to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Facilitate weekly release meetings
- Communicate all IT related changes to the Organization
- Coordinate with development team for notification of items in release
- Coordinate with IT operations during deployment
- Document release processes and simplify as necessary
- Document all QA and Production deployment environments
- Write and maintain build scripts
- Write scripts as necessary for build automation
- Run unit tests and be able to work with development when failures occur
- Track Unit Test statistics and coverage stats
- Installation of software and simple administration of Unix/Linux boxes
- Maintain software for version control, continuous integration, and automated builds
- Write custom scripts to fill gaps as necessary for version control
- Write simple to medium complexity shell scripts for automating build process
- Assist with identifying scope of Change Management processes, functions, configuration items to be controlled, and the information that is to be recorded.
- Continuously evaluate the existing processes and procedures to ensure that Change Management is being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner and initiate appropriate corrective action.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 2 years as a release coordinator (or similar role)
- 2 years change management
- 4 years Unix/Linux experience
- 2 years formal source control
- 2 years defining and implementing release/change processes
- 2 years development experience (web based/Oracle)
- Ability to define KPI’s and Metrics in order to support recommended improvements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org