Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Junior or Mid Level SQL Programmer Analyst for a full time permanent opportunity in Washington, DC area. Some relocation assistance is provided.
Analyst will be working on a data warehouse project – experience in SSIS/SSAS a plus.
Develop, maintain and monitor ETL processes and assist junior staff in fulfilling data requests. Ensure smooth business continuity while developing and testing new technologies to assist the company to take advantage of technology improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing data. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
– Code, test and troubleshoot ETL packages utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
– Refine data and format final product.
– Maintain and modify documentation; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
– Write new ETL code using prescribed specifications.
– Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
– Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
– Perform other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 7 yrs. experience, including 5 years of experience in database design, development, and modification in an on-line environment
– Experience VB, .net, MS SQL, SQL SSIS, SQL Analysis Services
– Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments
– Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
– Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
– Solid project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
– Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
– Ability & willingness to learn new technologies
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced, high energy team environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com