Description of Duties:
A. General Summary or Function:
Performs and/or manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, quality assurance and maintaining solutions for systems and processes using open standards. Candidate will manage and lead team of application development personnel during the development cycle and perform H/R responsibilities.
B. Specific Summary or Function: Include the following although other duties may be assigned.
• Manage a programming team and assume responsibility for the design, implementation and support of Java applications.
• Performs, manages, and appropriately documents work activities related to small projects, sub-projects, support or processes.
• Perform employment interviews and annual employee evaluations, along with maintaining individual employee H/R records, start/end times, and vacation/sick time.
• Provide leadership and technical direction to application development team and to the operating companies.
• Attend regular monthly company meetings as needed.
• Work closely with Project Managers on scheduling, quality assurance and project implementation ensuring team members adhere to standards regarding project control and maintenance.
• Maintain and enhance I/T customer relationships with the operating companies.
• Establish positive teaming environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel.
• Facilitate the collection of business requirements and current operational procedures, identify problems and/or learn specific input and output requirements and interpret them into business models.
• Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications.
• Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements.
• Lead structured technical and functional walkthroughs of specifications and programming logic with project team members.
• Update documentation to record software modifications and upgrades applied.
• Consult with Systems & Networks and other software engineers to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
• Resolve in a timely manner, problems that arise with existing production applications to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components.
• Participate in acceptance testing to ensure user needs are met.
• Migrate applications to the production environment.
• Mentor the trainees, programmers, and programmer analysts and help them to perform their job duties.
• Work with management and team members to develop development standards.
• Study assigned training materials, technical journals, and procedures, and trade journals on software packages and programming languages to enhance current skills.
• Identify and/or clarify issues impeding development progress.
• Have minimal return work as a result of misunderstanding assigned tasks, communicating with users, and exercising appropriate judgment between what is requested and what is feasible.
• Perform on-call duties on as needed.
• Log project time and project information daily.
• Perform analysis for project estimates and project completion.
• Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned by VP of Information Technology.
Qualification Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from four year college or university and three years of related experience in software programming OR five years of related experience in software development, graphical user interface design integration and customization of application software OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Leadership, high-initiative, ability to speak both technical and non-technical language
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of RPG ILE and CLP programming languages a plus
• Knowledge of XML, XSLT and SQL (including stored procedures) a plus
• Previous experience in development of graphical interfaces and web security required
• Basic knowledge of DB2/400 database environment required
• Basic knowledge of iSeries (OS/400) operating system required
• Mastery knowledge of object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts required
• Proficient knowledge of Rational (WDSC) object-oriented development tools a plus
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop application software required
• Must pass required Background Check and Drug Test.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com