Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Level 2 Backup Administrator.
This position is for an Infrastructure platform services team. This role will be responsible for planning and creating backup strategies for all Windows, UNIX, Linux and VMWARE servers.
This position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn. They will need to be energetic, self motivated and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. They must be committed to Customer Service. The successful candidate will help to improve procedures and monitoring, and will work on process automation tasks / scripts.
– Review existing Backup standards and propose enhancements.
– Communicate Backup strategies with all key stakeholders
– Automate the backup reports and present monthly reports to stakeholders.
– Create strategies to ensure all Windows and UNIX servers are backed up based on company backup standards.
– Act as an escalation point for the level 1 team.
– Document procedures for the level 1 team
Required Skills / Experience:
Expert knowledge of Symantec Backup exec with basic Windows administrator skills
Expert knowledge of Symantec Netbackup with basic UNIX administrator skills
Expert knowledge of Enterprise level backup hardware
Excellent attitude and aptitude
Excellent communication skills
Desired Skills / Experience
– VMwareNetbackup snapshot process
– Experience supporting enterprise infrastructure (hardware)
– Monitoring and issue tracking experience using BMC Patrol and Remedy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org