Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Linux Admin/Software Engineer for the following permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Chief Software Engineer, this Software Engineer position will work in a small cross-functional development group responsible for networking and low-level software as well as general product and development system infrastructure. This position is located in our St. Louis, MO software development facility.
· Administer Linux VM’s and physical machines
· Assist in creating custom Linux installations
· Create RPM, IPK or other software packages
· Define network cluster topologies
· Help analyze and meet security requirements
- Assist in maintaining the development infrastructure
- Document procedures and processes
- Assist in system design and review
· 5 years with Linux-based software systems, including web-based systems
· Demonstrated history of delivering quality products to market
· Experience with embedded or remote development preferred
- Working knowledge of networking and communication protocols
· Proficient with virtualization technologies. VMware preferred
· Experience with battery and power management a plus
- Familiarity with Windows required
- Experience with Mac OS a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member on a development team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org