Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Linux Engineer for a permanent opportunity. The candidate should have experience in administration and management of enterprise Linux, VMWare, OVM and storage platforms.
This position is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the organization’s Linux servers, VMWare, OVM and enterprise storage. Including Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, ESX, Oracle Virtual Machine. This position is also responsible for participating in disaster recovery functions; organizing off-site storage necessary for recovery processes and execution of recovery procedures; and installing, configuring, testing, and implementing server applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Build, optimize and manage secure server’s in both physical and virtual environments, and storage arrays.
· Manage performance, track capacity and resolve any system notification issues, thin provisioning issues and data de-duplication issues
· Monitor server events, including nightly back ups
· Maintain enterprise security model and best practices
· Review and develop procedures and document resolutions
· Install and configure servers
· Suggest hardware standards
· Responsible for server backups and restores
· Schedule system maintenance
· Maintain server hardware
· Regular attendance is considered an essential job function
· Participate in on call rotation
· Some evening and weekend hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· System performance analysis and tuning
· Participate and provide sys admin support to major ERP/CRM implementations & projects
· Assist with internal process improvements
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, a related discipline or equivalent experience is required
· 4+ years of Linux administration, storage management, shell scripting
· 4 + years of VMWare / OVM administration.
· Large scale storage experience (NAS / SAN, HSM, backups).
· Oracle/SQL experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to demonstrate and master the core and job category competencies applicable for this role within the organization
· Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: Strong Ethics and Integrity, Dedication to a Safe Work Environment, Commitment to a Diverse Workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives
· Extensive knowledge of Linux, VMWare and enterprise storage management platforms is required
· Versed in SRM and other VM technologies.
· Perl programming and shell scripting at an intermediate to advanced level, ability to use Perl/shell scripts to automate routine tasks
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to produce written documentation for a technical and non-technical audience
· Strong knowledge of networking and network protocols
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
· Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
· Ability to complete assigned work in an estimated time frame
· Ability to deliver projects per an agreed schedule
· Ability to develop and implement dependable, efficient, and error-free systems that meet user expectations and require minimal support
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com