Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Magento Architect for a direct hire permanent position with an outstanding client located in Los Angeles, CA.
Our Client is located just steps from the beach. They are a leader in the eCommerce industry, and work with high profile clients such as: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Foot Locker, Behr Paint, and Burlington Coat Factory. They believe in being passionate about work, having fun at work, and delivering the best.
This Client has been named one of the Best Places to Work in LA. They enjoy great pay and benefits, a casual, relaxed work style and a friendly, collaborative environment.
If you are looking for the opportunity to stand out from the crowd come join our Client at the beach; Come play with the best.
As our Client’s Magento Architect, you will develop web solutions and custom applications for their high-profile clients with rich media user experiences.
· Develop overall technical strategy for external client projects from technical requirements
- Communicate with external clients on a regular basis regarding progress, challenges, timelines and end results of client projects
- Direct and oversee more junior developers including offshore developers in performing Magento technical programming which needs to be accomplished
- Conduct technical estimations for sales presentations
- Present technical strategy to clients and gather technical requirements as needed
- Develop technical documentation
- Create and update both design and functional documents
- Identify and troubleshoot issues as needed, documenting development
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements and new development as required
- Implement project applications according to specifications
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations to enhance client web sites
- Work independently and as part of a team to create cutting edge eCommerce & mobile sites
- Test sites to ensure optimal usability
- Juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Meet stipulated deadlines
· 10+ years developing Web sites, back-end integration
- Proficient in OOP
- 8+ years of PHP 4/5
- 6 years hands-on experience with Magento
- 6 years eCommerce experience
- Experience with Zend Framework
- Basic to intermediate understanding of Linux
- Basic to intermediate understanding of MS-SQL and/or MySQL
- Ability to address and quickly fix HTML, CSS and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers and platforms
- Good understanding of Web analytics and SEO techniques
- Experience extending or customizing existing products/frameworks such as Drupal, Magento, WordPress, or OS Commerce
- Experience using Version Control such as SVN or CVS (is a plus)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work in both an individual and team based environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple job tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
All applicants must be a strong fit with our Client’s core values:
· Honesty, integrity and fairness
· Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
· Teamwork and open communication
· Passion and commitment
· Enjoyment of work and life
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer who provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
Our Client offers an employee-friendly, comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees, which includes:
· Competitive salaries
· Health, dental, and vision insurance with Flexible Spending Account
· 401 plan, managed by Fidelity
· Life insurance, AD&D, short and long-term disability
· Two weeks paid vacation
· Six days paid sick time
· 12 paid holidays, including floating holidays
· Innovative office, casual dress code
With our Client’s offices only five minutes from the sand and two from the Marina, our Client’s employees enjoy a variety of recreational and social activities planned throughout the year.
Our Client also offers flexible work arrangements to help employees balance work and life.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org