Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking Senior software engineer responsible for enhancements & support of the actuarial modeling / prediction platform. Works in team environment and provides technical guidance throughout the entire software life cycle. Duties include analysis, design, estimation, planning, implementation, unit / integration testing of platform improvements and operational support to ensure systems availability for business stakeholders. Also required is status tracking, communication of progress and issue resolution.
· Apply expertise in C#.Net, Oracle PL/SQL (highly desired) skills to design, implement & deliver product solutions
· Meet regularly with Project Management and Technical leads to evaluate status, milestones, risks, issues
· Work independently through a full system development life cycle while providing estimates, deliverables, and results
· Engage in customer planning sessions and demonstrate ability to drive out requirements
· Analyze requirements, develop technical specifications and perform solution gap analysis via Agile/Scrum methodology
· Provide technical and/or business application consultation to customers and team members regarding functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex product systems
· Prepare and present application and programming design solutions to fulfill business requirements
· Engage technical analysts and business users to provide input on test cases, test scenarios, and test plans
· Engage other IT teams outside of immediate group as required (product integration points, infrastructure, helpdesk, security
· Evaluate and balance application change risk with business need for timely product enhancements
· Efficiently design, deliver and release operational enhancements to address performance, stability, monitorability
· Develop & mature operational support knowledge base and playbook documentation to complement product solutions
· Identify and rapidly resolve issues to enable business operations
· Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required
· Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience / education
· 6+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
· 6+ years of experience implementing SOA applications with heavy relational database integration
· 3+ years of experience with agile development including code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration, refactoring.
· Advanced Ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
· Proven experience with structured and object oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
· Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
· Complex analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to multi-task
· Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to apply leadership when required.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· C# .Net
· High volume RDBMS database experience
· Microsoft HPC (Microsoft)
· PL/SQL (Oracle)
· Test Driven Development
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Business Management.
· Experience with Sungard Prophet Professional and/or Prophet Enterprise (highly preferred)
· Insurance industry knowledge. LOMA certification
· Microsoft and/or Oracle Certification
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com