Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Network Security Engineer for a permanent role in the Arkansas area.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for managing bandwidth capacity functions, local networks, VPN resources, proxy servers, and VDI implementations. The Engineer will also assist in documenting company data flow and will deploy encryption techniques as needed to secure data at rest and in transit. He/she will serve as the primary firewall and backup IDS/IPS administrator. The Network Security Engineer will provide support for internal and external networking and ensure that the network is available for business consumption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the network and the network security infrastructure to ensure that the company security posture is always in a state that it can repel hackers and offer all company services as required by the business.
- Ensures the company is in compliance with all applicable laws and industry regulations as well as overall best practices. Experience with PCI-DSS and PA-DSS is preferred.
- Assists in the implementation of company’s comprehensive Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery programs; including assisting in documenting, testing and modifying the companies DR/BC plan Supports the use of sound best practice cyber security principles across the entire organization
- Manages, deploys and oversees the corporate Cisco ASA firewalls. Configures and test rules, ACL’s and L2L VPN endpoints for client services, maintaining proficiency in Any connect with Posture services enabled.
- Maintains proficiency with RSA tokens, both soft and hard and configuring firewalls and other web services as endpoints
- Installs and monitors Cisco Catalyst 6500 VSS, 3500, and 3750G series switches. Sets up and configures, port turn up and downs, VLAN, mac address filtering, DHCP snooping and UDLD fiber connections.
- Maintains proficiency with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers and lightweight access point deployments; including LEAP.PEAP mutual authentication and 802.1x authentication methods.
- Takes the lead on setting up T1’s, MPLS/P2P connections, PRI/BRI and VPN connections.
- Configures and Monitors the F5 load balancers to ensure that WEB facing services are fault tolerant.
- In times of disaster, switches data and voice circuits to alternate carriers to ensure company services are available.
- Maintains an up to date Visio Layer 3 network diagram at all times.
- In depth understanding of VPN, Microsoft/Linux Platforms, IBGP/EBGP, and other routed and routing protocol.
- In depth understanding of NIST security technical implementation guides.
- In-depth and thorough understanding of routing and routed protocols.
- Mastery of TCP/IP and the OSI model for sound layer 7 to layer one troubleshooting.
- Current ITIL version 3 certification or able to obtain it within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum Education: AS in computer science or related field
- Preferred Education: BS in MIS
- Maintain two or more of the following certifications: SANS, Security+, Network+, CCNA, CCNA-Sec, CCNP or CISSP
- Preferred Experience: 5 years in IT / 2 years in IT Security.
- Experience with PCI-DSS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org