Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a consultant for a Test Lead role. Some limited travel to Chicago.
Leads and implements system test planning, design, and execution for software development projects. The Test Lead, in partnership with project managers is responsible for establishing and implementing a complete test strategy to confirm successful operation and verify the implemented system meets requirements. The role includes both leadership for planning and design of the test suite, as well as hands-on test case development and execution of the test suite. In addition to these capabilities, the ideal candidate will have advanced skills in communication and interaction with external clients and partners (and be able to demonstrate that capability)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in communication and interaction with external clients and partners (and be able to demonstrate that capability)
2. Develop System Test Strategy for testing of system and lead testing for the project.
3. Adopt testing standards and guidelines for application, performance, load, user-interface, object, regression and data quality.
4. Participate in the review of requirements and detail design documentation to understand system features and develop test cases and test scripts.
5. Develop test plans, test cases and test scripts utilizing appropriate toolsets to test system functionality as completely as possible and test integration of disparate systems.
6. Ensure developed test scripts adhere to approved scripting standards and guidelines.
7. Perform manual testing.
8. Analyze and report on defects utilizing appropriate defect tracking software.
9. Manage test data through setup and maintenance of data driven testing.
10. Mentor and guide testing resources in the use of approved tools and procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree, or equivalent experience
Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated success leading the test efforts of software development projects. Ability to test integration of disparate systems and isolate faults to appropriate component is a critical skill set.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing test strategies and supporting tools.
• 2-5 years of experience as a QA/software testing lead
• The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in communication and interaction with external clients and partners (and be able to demonstrate that capability)
• 5-8 years of Quality Assurance and software testing experience including medium (6-8 months) to large (12+ months) size IT web-based software projects. Technical proficiency needed in testing Web Services, Oracle queries / stored procedures, XML structure and content validation, network data transfer, and data transformations.
• Experience utilizing software testing methologies including an understanding of Total Quality Management and Software testing best-practices.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Complex analytical and problem solving skills
• Broad business, insurance, and finance related knowledge.
• Ability to work independently and coordinate activities within a team
• 2+ years of Total Quality Management or relevant software testing methodology experience
• 3+ years using Rational’s Testing Suite or HP Quality Center
Experience within the life insurance industry
• Hands-on experience working with ACORD Standards, preferably ACORD Certified Expert (ACE)
Quality Assurance certification
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com