Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Scrum Master for a contract role in St. Louis, Missouri.
This role will start off remote but will at some point be onsite.
Looking for someone with strong communication skills, confidence (leadership skills).
There will be some Scrum Master responsibilities but the team and most of the development teams, use Agile.
Experience managing projects and certification is critical for this role. Retail experience would be a huge plus.
The company Agent Portals IT is looking for a proven and driven leader to deliver solutions within the Retail Solutions development organization. The role is a blend of Project Management and Scrum Master responsibilities. The successful candidate is one that can prove they have owned and led projects from start to finish that have delivered value to their stakeholder.
• Manages the end to end software development life cycle, including close collaboration with project sponsors, business owners, analysts, developers, testers, and leadership.
• Facilitate and plan scrum ceremonies such as Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and Sprint Demos.
• Understand team velocity, awareness of developer schedules and holidays, and ensure resources are not overloaded during sprints.
• Ensure product scrum boards and component boards accurately reflect progress of team.
• Ensures there is sufficient backlog that is groomed.
• Project management activities including resource planning, commitments are adhered to, prioritization, scope documentation, technical business requirements, executive status reporting, risk management, issue management, deployment scheduling and escalation.
• Identify and communicate dependencies and impediments while assisting in their removal.
• Build, develop, and grow relationships with key business and IT stakeholders/owners.
• Align with business owners to define project objectives in support of business goals.
• Works to understand the business problem(s) being solved.
• At least 2 years of hands on experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations and roles.
• At least 5 years of leadership on an application development team as either a Program Manager, Project Manager, or Scrum Master.
• Solid knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Solid leadership skills including communication, facilitation, and negotiation.
• Knowledge and/or experience of lean principles, scrum, and Kanban.
• Knowledge and/or experience with JIRA .
• Solid technical knowledge is a plus.
• Eagerness to learn and understand business problems is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org