Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior .NET Architect for a direct hire permanent position with an outstanding client located in Los Angeles, CA.
Our Client is located just steps from the beach. They are a leader in the eCommerce industry, and work with high profile clients such as: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Foot Locker, Behr Paint, and Burlington Coat Factory. They believe in being passionate about work, having fun at work, and delivering the best.
This Client has been named one of the Best Places to Work in LA. They enjoy great pay and benefits, a casual, relaxed work style and a friendly, collaborative environment.
If you are looking for the opportunity to stand out from the crowd come join our Client at the beach; Come play with the best.
As a dynamic leader who understands high-level business requirements and who is savvy at producing technical specifications, designs and architectures, this could be the perfect move for you.
You will build high-quality, .NET eCommerce solutions for today’s leading retailers, mentor and coach mid-level developers, and work effectively in a dynamic environment with changeable priorities and requirements.
· Envision and design technical solutions and guide teams from architecture and design through the full software development lifecycle
· Own the overall quality of deliverables, including performance, scalability, and extensibility, ensuring a viable upgrade path of the software platform
· Perform code review sessions with other developers and seek improvements or alternate approaches, when appropriate
· Document technical architectures using a subset or combination of flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes, etc.
· Respond to production issues; stay engaged until resolution and ensure timely communication (root cause analysis and fix)
· Handle deployments to QA, Staging and Production environments
· Assist with creating client proposals, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical architecture and estimates for system development
· Participate in sales meetings with prospects to articulate your technology vision and proposed solution(s)
· Assist project managers with the creation of task-level project plans that detail the specific tasks required to deliver a solution and ensure that client expectations are met
· Offer build vs. buy recommendations
· Identify & recommend 3rd party tools
· Implement code development best practices
· Utilize distributed OO technologies and OO design patterns when applicable
- Bachelor degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent experience; Masters, MCPD a plus
- 8-10+ years hands-on experience in software design and development, database design and development, and system integration and test
- Hands-on experience in eCommerce software development
- Gather requirements across all phases and translate to strategy planning design deliverable
- Facilitate with clients to clarify overall solutions, vision, goals and objectives
- Proven success in using a range of diagnostic methods, in developing effective client solutions and in working with clients to implement recommendations
- Knowledge of multiple databases, operating systems and H/W platforms
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically: .Net development, ASP.Net development, C#, XML, SOAP, Web Services, MS SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory integration (for centralized user authentication / authorization)
- Experience developing software using a formal and structured development methodology in a collaborative, team environment
- Formal testing & quality assurance experience, including hierarchical test cycle (unit test / application test / system test / user-acceptance test)
- Iterative approach to development, using short development cycles and frequent builds
- Accurately estimate software development tasks given a set of requirements and assumptions
- Develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security and defensive development
All applicants must be a strong fit with our Client’s core values:
· Honesty, integrity and fairness
· Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
· Teamwork and open communication
· Passion and commitment
· Enjoyment of work and life
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer who provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
Our Client offers an employee-friendly, comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees, which includes:
· Competitive salaries
· Health, dental, and vision insurance with Flexible Spending Account
· 401 plan, managed by Fidelity
· Life insurance, AD&D, short and long-term disability
· Two weeks paid vacation
· Six days paid sick time
· 12 paid holidays, including floating holidays
· Innovative office, casual dress code
With our Client’s offices only five minutes from the sand and two from the Marina, our Client’s employees enjoy a variety of recreational and social activities planned throughout the year.
Our Client also offers flexible work arrangements to help employees balance work and life.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org