Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior .Net Web/Sharepoint Developer for a 3 month contract to hire.
Works within a team to analyze, design, document, develop, test, and maintain primarily web-based applications for the organization using the desired technologies. Should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of a business environment. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision; reporting to the Director of Development. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Summary of essential job functions
Perform this job successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develop software applications
· Meet with customers to determine requirements
· Translate business requirements into database and software designs
· Provide time estimates for new development, proposals and change orders
· Utilize industry best practices where applicable
· Implementing and maintaining the existing and new web architecture landscape
· Designing error recovery strategies and procedures
· May be called upon to supervise up to three contractors
· Develop new and enhance existing web applications with Microsoft’s .NET framework
· Configure and develop sites within SharePoint 2010/2013 environments
· Design and build databases, queries and reports to supply data using SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS as needed
· Support ASAP and Agile project implementation methodology
· Troubleshoot production issues, reported by customers or proactively identified
· Perform web server administrative tasks in IIS
· Perform database administrative tasks in SQL Server
· Monitor system performance
· Manage web server security and logins
· Deploy developed applications to QA and Production systems
· Perform Web application upgrades and install new releases/patches
· Initiate individual projects and insure quality
· Put policies and procedures through real-world test
· Oversee project deliverables
· Reinforce best practices
· Move towards self-sustainability and automation
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Minimum 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft’s .NET framework and related technologies (certification a plus), preferring experience with ADO.net [EF and LINQ], WF, WCF, WPF
· Knowledge of standard diagramming tools a plus
· UX design a plus
· Good verbal and written communications skills
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
To be successful in this role, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
· Design – generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management – develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
· Technical Skills – assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org