We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for all phases of projects of a highly complex nature and acts as a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users and IT and business partners. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meeting and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solution of problems. Typically not an individual contributor to the project but instead provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Meets with business management to determine solutions to business problems. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops preliminary project plan and design, determines necessary resources, and project timeline. Assigns individual responsibilities and acts as a management resource for project team members.
Responsible for delivery and success of assigned projects. Optimizes results within business and time constraints. Leads meetings with project team to assess status and resolve issues as they come up.
Reviews and tracks status of project and deliverables and provides project updates and ongoing cost analysis to IT and business line management. Conducts presentations regarding project status and current issues. Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials available. Ensures adherence to project management process and project documentation standards. Develops project cost estimates and manages budget throughout projects. Works on special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
• 3-5 years of previous project management experience
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Certification in project management
• Knowledge of PBM, healthcare industry helpful
• Advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute functional work-plans
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written, verbal and presentation communication skills are a must
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and some travel requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org