Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Level Scrum Master for a permanent role.
The Scrum Master is responsible for keeping the Scrum process running, ensuring a proper power balance between the Product Owner, the Team and Management. The Scrum Master protects the Team, moderates, motivates and removes impediments to the Team achieving its goals. In addition, the Scrum Master facilitates grooming of the product backlog via emergent requirement elicitation with the Product Owner. Most importantly, the successful Scrum Master is a positive influencer and effective enabler, guiding the Team to continuous deployment of functioning software.
· Serve as a Scrum master for 1-2 agile teams.
· Facilitate iteration planning, lead work within individual sprints, and coordinate retrospectives and demos.
· Assist key business users (product owners) with backlog creation and grooming.
· Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers, and testers) is occurring early and often. Lead daily stand-ups, resolve conflict and serve as “un-blocker” for your team(s). Maintain and publish agile metrics (e.g. velocity and burn-down).
· Coach, mentor, and evangelize agile best practices across the organization.
· Act as a traditional project manager when necessary (e.g. manage external dependencies with outside teams – may be internal or external to the company).
· Strategically work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
· Strong professional experience and a proven understanding with iterative development, incremental software delivery, and the “why” behind it.
· Demonstrated knowledge with the principles behind emergent requirements.
· Having wide-ranging experience, knowledge, and belief in agile principles alongside strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent understanding of agile metrics (e.g. how to build a burn-down, track velocity, backlog tracking, and task definition).
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge with a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (time/scope/cost).
· Expertise in making continuous improvement changes, especially as it relates to software development.
· Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and the virtues of unit testing.
· Proven ability as a servant leader with excellent communication (verbal and written) and social skills.
· Exceptional facilitative skills, must be able to lead and demonstrate value add principles with transparency (e.g. desire to bring disclosure and grow trust).
· Proven situational awareness capability, with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive. Must be able to resolve conflict with professionalism and a win-win attitude.
· Proven ability to lead teams to self-organization and working independently with limited supervision.
· Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment.
· 4 year Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical discipline
· Ideally has come from a development background with 10 plus years of experience (industry agnostic).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org