We are seeking a Senior Software Application Tester.
The consultant will conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy. Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow. Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved. Develops, revises and approves quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of software quality assurance strategies. Usually requires 5 to 10 years of previous experience.
The consultant will be a member of the team within the client to test enterprise-level Java, .Net, and Oracle applications. Candidates with a background in science are highly desired for this position.
Each team is comprised of a project manager, business analysts, software developers and testers. These teams design, develop, and test client's enterprise-class R&D software. The individual will be responsible for performing integration and system testing for each iteration of the development life cycle. The individual will need to implement test scripts based on requirements created by the Business Analyst. The tester is responsible for logging the defects identified during testing.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Needs to fully understand the software development life cycle.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years US experience as a tester in an IT testing organization.
- Must possess solid SQL skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Work and/or educational experience in an agricultural, biotechnology, or life sciences industry highly desired.
- Knowledge of automation testing; know how and when to automate.
- Experience or familiarity with Worksoft Certify testing tool.
Candidates who succeed in this fast-paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Functional Competency: Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills. Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices.
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
- Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions. Creates new channels of communication between IT and other business functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org