Senior Software Engineer
Top level technical expert in systems design for one or more systems. Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems. Responsible for system design, engineering, testing, debugging, and documentation. Provides significant input into creation, maintenance and adherence to design standards. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other engineering personnel. May have quality assurance review responsibilities.
Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, large projects and strategies. Lead efforts to assess feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with all corporate platforms/systems and related capabilities.
Formulate and influence detailed specifications using structured analysis and design methodology. Prepare project definition documentation. Work with functional architects to determine roadmaps, architecture strategy and to define and implement systems architecture.
Independently design new or modified systems or functionality into existing systems and test effectiveness. Provide specifications and detailed physical designs for systems and solutions to complex requirements and multi-platform integration needs. Evaluate error messages, modify code, troubleshoot problems, and conduct performance tuning on computer systems. Create, maintain, and help assure adherence to best practices and standards. Keep current with industry trends and developments for technologies in assigned area, and assist in evaluating and developing plans for keeping technology current.
Perform analysis of large-scale, complex, cross-system, cross-platform changes or issues, may aid in determining feasibility of future anticipated business impact.
Establishes standards for system documentation. Write documentation describing systems design, multi-platform integration and corrections. Oversee development of user manuals and operating procedures. May provide technical assistance to escalated complex operating issues.
Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems, and industry trends. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials including manuals and system’s documentation.
Work on special projects as assigned.
Has clear alignment to IT strategy and provide input and influence the IT strategy.
• College degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years experience in an enterprise-class web development/engineering team
• Specific experience engineering n-tier web-based platforms for large-scale e-commerce, financial or health-care in a SOA environment preferred
• Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (mid-range systems, networking, etc)
• Expert knowledge and proficiency of web applications middleware and associated components (e.g., Websphere, MQ, Loadbalancers)
• Develop and design technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and creativity.
• Strong customer service focus
• Balanced presentation of ideas and information to large audiences. Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and to provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
• Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines. Proven systems thinker who understands broad impacts and can make and implement recommendations on solutions and mitigate risk.
• Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools, applications, technology, and industry trends
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and influence decisions of team
• Has worked in a matrixed organization, or large team collaboration experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com