Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Web Application Administrator.
This person serves as the subject matter expert for the Development staff including the web development team related to the architecture and topology of the custom written application for the company, including the Company customer facing web sites. This person will provide guidance to Development as to best practices, administration of the Windows, Web and TFS Servers, upgrade and release support and day-to-day support of the production, development, QA environments.
They will work with other Infrastructure team members, developers and management as required to meet project requirements, adhere to standards and performance criteria and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate user problems and needs, identify their source, and determine best possible solutions
- Work with the web development team to push code to production servers and work with them on best practices for web server configuration
- Push code to production from staging.
- Configure web servers as required from the web development team. These changes will need to be tested and confirmed as best practices.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Monitor system(s) performance and capacity
- Develop and maintain Windows related standards, policies and procedures according to established standards.
- Implement operating system patches and upgrades as necessary; participating in the patch and change control review process.
- Analyze development project proposals to include identifying potential problem areas and recommend optimum approaches for project path
- Partners with customers to determine requirements and identifies opportunities for improving/resolving issues
- Actively participates in sprint meetings with the development group.
- Can work with outside consultants on projects
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have expertise in Windows administration, Active Directory administration, Firewall knowledge and VM environments.
- Must have expertise in web technologies and web server administration such as IIS
- Knowledge of application programming, database and system design
- Knowledge of structured analysis and technical design techniques
- Knowledge of database management and file access methods.
- Knowledge of SQL statements and databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft development technologies (.NET, Silverlight, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving, plus strong verbal and written communication skills
- Communicates with team members and business owners with professionalism and in a way to foster teamwork
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Conceive and deliver innovative, robust solutions within agreed delivery timelines
- Motivation to research and resolve technical issues, your own bugs or someone else’s
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, work around their early glitches, and use them to create excellent customer experiences and winning business advantage
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and business owners mindsets
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High Level of accuracy
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with Windows administration and a VMWare environment. Must have experience with SQL server and web configuration.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers in a professional and concise manner.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with COMPANY Corp’s safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the COMPANY Corp’s safety, security and privacy programs to protect COMPANY Corp’s business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all COMPANY employees.
Successful completion of background and drug test is required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com