Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Server/System Administrator for a permanent opportunity.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The Server/Systems Administrator’s role is to build, customize, design, install, administer, troubleshoot, and maintain company servers and related components to achieve high performance and availability of the company's systems and applications. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. The client’s ideal for someone who is within 3-5 years of their career as a Server/Systems Administrator.
· Candidates must be able to build the servers – this is an absolute requirement.
· Ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of company servers to meet business demands
· Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
· Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure
· Perform file system configuration and management
· Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures
· Establish and implement procedures and technologies to ensure server and data security
· Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation
· Lead, coordinate and participate in the design and review of new server systems, hardware, applications, and the infrastructure required to support those strategies
· Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
· 3 – 5 years of experience in a technical position responsible for managing server environments
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience building, installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology
· General knowledge of Exchange, System Center, SQL, SharePoint, and storage technologies such as SAN or NAS
· Advanced knowledge of VMware and demonstrate solid knowledge of how it fits into the environment
· Advanced knowledge of Windows Servers
· Must demonstrate forward-thinking mindset in anticipating issues, identify them and develop solutions independently versus being handed projects
· Must have the capability to jump into the role with minimal instruction and begin working independently
· Must display understanding of how the IT side impacts the business side
What’s in it for you:
· Employee-friendly company
· Stable work environment
· Market-rate permanent salary
· Outstanding medical benefits, 401K, profit-sharing and vacation time
· Opportunities to grow and advance within the company
About the Client:
· Privately owned
· No debt and very stable
· In existence for 60 years – third generation family owned
· A lot of tenure, but a lot of opportunity for someone new as well as opportunities for internal advancement; This client will find a home for good people.
· Common theme is about growth – the business and individuals
· Referred to as a large small company – few layers
· People really are the #1 asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com