Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior Software QA Tester/Webload Performance and Functional Automation Engineer for long term contract opportunity.
Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy. Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow. Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved. Develops, revises and approves quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of software quality assurance strategies. Usually requires 5 to 10 years of previous experience.
In this role, the tester will be responsible for working directly with project business analysts and users to determine the level of performance quality in developed software solutions. This candidate will be responsible for identifying performance requirements along with developing the appropriate performance test work products (test strategies, plans, scenarios, and scripts). The candidate will also be responsible for executing test deliverables and demonstrate effective defect tracking and control techniques along with effective communication skills when reporting to project management.
• 3+ years of extensive experience using the WebLoad performance testing tool.
• 3+ years of extensive experience using a functional automation testing tool.
• Comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience working with current web based technologies.
• Solid SQL skills.
• Strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills and problem solving skills
• Work and/or educational experience in an agricultural, biotechnology, or life sciences industry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org