Cycle3 IT Staffing is searching for a Software Quality Assurance Tester for a permanent opportunity in Kansas.
The Software Quality Assurance Tester's role is to plan, design, architect, and deploy effective test suites and regimes for in-house product development and software application development. This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
· Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
· Collaborate with analysts, designers, and project owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
· Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
· Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
· Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
· Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
· Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
· Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
· Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
· Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
· Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
· Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
· Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
· Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
· Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
· Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science preferred but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org